Skip to main content

Immaculate Conception Craft

I have a cute Immaculate Conception craft I wanted to share with all of you! I wish I could have gotten it up sooner, but I have been pretty busy getting stuff done in my classroom.

 The Immaculate Conception (IC) is celebrated on December 8th. In my early catholic years I always struggled with remembering what the IC stood for! I made a little craft to help students remember! The Immaculate Conception is the day we celebrate Mary being conceived without sin.

The kids get to make a little Saint Anne Doll holding the baby Mary. I also have an area included for the kids to write about what the IC means. I hope you enjoy this free download! Please feel to share it with friends.

Click here to get your activity pack. 

Happy Teaching!
​Jezu Ufam Tobie
-Mrs.Albert 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Visual Steps for Mass

I work at a Catholic School. I know, you're wondering why that's relevant!? 💁Well, not only are we a Catholic School, but we are the ONLY Catholic School in the state of Georgia that has a certified special needs program.  It has been quite the journey! Our small class sizes and ability to give each student one-on-one time to meet their academic needs has truly benefited so many of our students. Children with Autism do extremely well in our school's program.  With that said, I noticed that some of our students with special needs were anxious at Mass. Most of them are not Catholic, so they have no perception of the time. They aren’t familiar enough with the steps to recognize what will happen next. I decided to make this  handy visual for students and teachers to use to help navigate through the Mass. It's very simple and easy to use! All you need is a laminator, laminating paper, and velcro! When you get to Mass, make sure all pictures are taken off. Th...

Teaching the Sacraments

Do you find it difficult to teach the sacraments to your students or kids? Let's be honest, the sacraments are pretty abstract concept! My students struggle with remembering the names or multiple names of the sacraments! Just when they finally remembered what the sacrament of Penance was, our priest would ask them ask question about the sacrament of Confession! My student(s) would turn to me wide eyed, completely confused. 😳 I decided to make a meaningful sacrament resource that would tackle these types of challenges. My Sacrament Flip Book isn't meant for a quick lesson, never to be referenced again. This resource has a wealth of knowledge in it (all material is referenced from the Catechism of the Catholic Church). The resource has interactive components to it as well. Each sacrament should be taught over the course of 2-3 days.  In the resource, there are two versions; the first version is the original with the tabs for each sacrament, the second is my "print and...

Why I left the Classroom Part 1

As many of you have seen from my Instagram , I have started to work for VIPKid. For those wondering, yes, I did leave the brick and mortar classroom.  This was an extremely difficult decision, but a decision that needed to be made for the sake of my mental and physical health. This post is a little about my decision to leave the classroom, and my new journey with VIPKid.  I want to preface this post with a quick statement. This experience applies to me personally. My experience in the classroom should not be a universal reflection of teaching.This is my personal story- this is my experience in the classroom. And why, ultimately, I had to step away.  I was a classroom teacher for 7 years, and while I am no longer in the classroom, there are still some memories that I cherish. Working with the children was never the problem. In fact, the kids are what kept me holding on for so long. Everything else that piles on as a teacher is what slowly decreased my health. ...